Injunctions and Domestic Abuse

If you are a victim of domestic violence, then immediately an incident occurs you should telephone the police who will be extremely helpful and supportive.

If you are being subjected to any sort of harassment then the Police can, in appropriate cases, prosecute under the Protections from Harassment Act.

In a small number of cases remedies available under the criminal law are not sufficient on their own and we can in fact give advice about non-molestation injunctions (preventing somebody from harassing you) or occupation orders in respect of property whereby a troublesome individual can, in exceptional cases be removed from the home by the Court.

Please contact us if you wish to discuss your options for urgently obtaining an injunction.