The death of a member of the family is always a distressing time.
Our Probate Department is headed by Dervla Nash who is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (known as STEP).We act sympathetically and effectively to provide advice on the following:
- If there is a Will we advise on the effect of the document. If there is not we can advise on how the intestacy rules will apply.
- Identify and collect in the assets and settle the liabilities.
- Obtain a Grant of Representation from the Court.
- Raise finds and settle inheritance tax due in relation to the death.
- Wind up the estate in accordance with the terms of the Will or the intestacy rules.
- Distribute the estate and prepare estate accounts.
- Set up and (if required) administer any ongoing trusts created by the Will or intestacy.
- Advise family members on how they might make/amend their own Wills to reflect the change in circumstances.
For an initial discussion please contact any of our offices or send us a message using the Contact form on the right of this page and we will get back to you as soon as possible.